Yes, back-up service is available from CGC. Back-up service is essentially an emergency or alternate energy source that is used in the event your primary source fails.

If you believe your meter is not working you need to call CGC as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary repairs to ensure your meter is functioning correctly.

A good indication that your meter is not working, is that the numbers (digits) on the meter have not advanced since your last meter reading.

Dth is a unit of measure, that measures the heating value of natural gas. Here are a few other common measurements used by the gas industry.

Ccf - 100 standard cubic foot
Mcf - 1,000 standard cubic foot
Dth - 1,000 standard cubic foot of natural gas adjusted for the heating value of the gas.

Members are billed monthly based on dth burned during the month.

CGC is a non-profit, member owned natural gas cooperative. The one time membership fee helps defray the administrative cost of enrolling the new member.

Membership is with the individual not the property. If the property is being sold, CGC must be notified as soon as possible, to record a final meter reading and to close your account. The new owners must complete and sign a membership agreement and return it to our office with the contact information sheet and the membership fee. We will then change the ownership and the billing will change to the new owner, accordingly.

Upon completion of the property transfer and final meter reading, you will receive a statement from CGC that includes your final billing that may also include the balance owed from prior bills that you must submit prior to CGC closing your account.

On existing gathering lines CGC sets the meter on the main line. In order for you to run a service line to the main from your home you will need to fill out a right-of-way and meter site agreement with the person who has the line on their property. This must be done even if it is a relative. The right-of-way needs to be recorded with the County and a copy of the recorded document sent to our office. A right-of-way agreement will insure the right to your service line.

We do not compensate members for any inconvenience or loss of revenue in the event of a gas outage.

In the event of interrupted service, your gas service will be restored as soon as possible, based on various factors such as weather and/or the severity of the outage. In the event of a major incident you will be notified of an estimated timeframe as to when service will be restored.

Though rare, gas service may be interrupted. Interruptions may be caused by weather, mechanical failure or accident.

If you smell gas or suspect you have a leak, you need to immediately leave your house. Do not attempt to locate the leak, and do not remain in the building longer than necessary to secure your property. Do not turn on or off any battery- powered or electrical devices, including phones, radios, garage door openers, or any device that could create a spark. Do not turn on or off any lights or electrical switches, and do not unplug any appliances. Do not use any telephones, including cellular, in the vicinity of the suspected leak. Do not smoke or use a lighter. As soon as possible, call our 24 hour emergency number (330) 682-0544 so that the proper repairs can be made to preserve your safety and continued gas service.

In case of an emergency, during normal weekday business hours (7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) please call the office at (330) 682-4144. After business hours and during the weekend, please call our 24 hour emergency number (330) 682-0544 as soon as possible.

We are not part of any natural gas choice programs. We normally serve customers in a rural environment, or in places where otherwise there isn't any natural gas service.

We offer ACH Direct Payments and accept checks or money orders mailed to our office. Currently we do not offer online billpay or accept credit cards.

Our Process takes around 60 days to complete. It is dependent on how fast you can send in all the required information as well as our ability to obtain any necessary rights of way or permits to get you service.

This question applies more to our commercial and agricultural clients. Separate meters are needed when you are hooking up large flow devices and smaller buildings that wouldn't even register on the larger meter needed for those devices.

Simply put, we do. We have meter readers that can in most cases get a reading off your meter electronically, so you don't have to.

We do not currently have a budgeting program for our customers, but we can recommend several great ways for you to control your costs and budget effectively.

Your service line must be installed by a PUCO & DOT 192 certified installer. For more information on service lines, check out our Member Info section.

Have Questions Or Just Want To Learn More?

Provide the information below and we will be in touch!