The same cup of coffee that helps you start your day in the morning may inadvertently keep you up at night if you drink it too late in the day. Everything in life has certain advantages and disadvantages based on the situation and use. So what are some of the pros and cons to weigh when you consider using natural gas, particularly in a rural community such as in Ohio?
Some clear advantages to natural gas are as follows:
• Natural gas is environmentally friendly because it burns cleaner than other fossil fuels.
• It’s safer and easier to store when compared to other fossil fuels.
• Natural gas is extremely reliable, unlike electric power that can be knocked out during a storm.
• Natural gas is less expensive than other fossil fuels.
• The U.S. supply of natural gas is plentiful and helps to decrease our dependence on foreign oil supplies.
Some potential disadvantages to consider are the following:
• Natural gas must be handled carefully because it is a combustible material.
• Like all fossil fuels, natural gas is not a renewable energy source.
• Natural gas does contribute to greenhouse gases.
Whether you make your home in Trumbull County or Tuscarawas County, Hocking County or Holmes County or any of the Ohio counties we currently serve, we can help you decide whether natural gas would be a good choice for you.